1. Drink More Water: The benefits are obvious; healthy skin, hair and body. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease. Plus it boosts your metabolism. I drink about 24 - 36 ounces a day, but during the winter I feel so dehydrated so I definitely need more water to compensate.
2. Upgrade Eye Care Regimen: In your 20's, you don't think about wrinkles, crow's feet and other signs of aging, but putting a non-aggressive plan into motion won't hurt. Kiehl's Abyssine Eye Cream is gentle enough to help deter the early effects of aging on the skin. I have been wanting to try this cream for a while. I can't wait!
3. Hydrate Hair: Blow-drying, frying, curling and straightening all take their toll on your tresses so paying extra attention to undo the damage is key. Less blowdrying and weekly deep-conditioning treatments, like Fred Fekkai's Hair Mask with Shea Butter is the perfect treatment.
4. Moisturize Lashes: If you wear 10-coats of Diorshow mascara 7 days a week like I do, you need to give your lashes a much-needed nightly conditioning. Lots of beauty insiders swear by Vaseline for longer, healthier and moisturized lashes. Putting a coat on your eyelashes before bed each night should do the trick. At $3 a tub who can complain?
5. Nurture Nails: If you're constantly getting manicures, picking at your cuticles or just neglecting your nails like me, a deep creme to encourage nail growth, improve resistance and condition cuticles will practically reverse a year's worth of disregard. I want to try Dior Fortifying Apricot Creme for Nails, it gets great reviews.
6. Big, Bold Lips: Nothing will pull together a look quite like bold lipstick. I am so comfortable with nudes and pinks, but I am willing to break out into the bold lip world. Lips should always be hydrated and exfoliated before a bold lip look. Try a Vaseline and sugar mixture for a gentle exfoliation. Applying a tiny bit of concealer at the edge of the lips will prevent color bleeding and a bold lip should always be painted on with a brush for a crisp and perfect look. NARS Russian Doll is on the top of my list.