Thursday, November 17, 2011

wet 'n' wild mega last lip swatch and review

Every time I run into Harmon I can't help but browse the makeup section. They carry a big selection of NYX and Wet 'n' Wild products, so I usually pick something up. Today I went for Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color ($2.69) in Just Peachy and Red Velvet.


While this lipstick claims to be long lasting, it faded after about three hours, with no eating and some drinking involved. It's a semi-matte finish, which I like and Just Peachy is a bit more smooth and glides on with more ease than Red Velvet. It took two strokes for the color to show up on my lips and if I was going for a subtle lip look anyway. 


The packaging on this product isn't the greatest; the lipstick itself wobbles when you apply and putting the cap on takes a steady hand or you'll nick and bruise your lipstick. 


Anyway, on to the photos. 


Just Peachy and Red Velvet



Natural lip 
Just Peachy

Red Velvet
All in all, I would give Just Peachy a better rating because with a few swatches the color is very pretty and wearable for day or night. Plus, it's an affordable peachy/pale pink that won't break the bank, like YSL Nude Beige. It's more matte too, which I like. My lips don't get very dry so when they do, I'll just slick some balm underneath before I apply. 


As far as Red Velvet goes, my skin is a bit too cool for it. It's a lovely bright cherry color and its application is pretty smooth. If you are used to blue-based reds then this will work for you. It's just hard for me to wear a blue-red without looking like the crazy cat lady, so we'll hold off on this color till the next time.

2 comments:

  1. loving the red, its gorgeous <3

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I agree, Sammyex! I love the red too. As a matter of fact, I just ordered this exact color online tonight. It's more convenient that way. The stores nearest me don't even carry this color of Wet N Wild Megalast.

    There is another red color that you might like a little better; it's called StopLight Red by Wet N Wild Megalast. It's a little darker than this one.

    Anyhow, great swatches! Both colors look beautiful on you, but I think the red is the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! xo